23 December 2010

A quick visit to see Santa

The girls and I headed to the mall this morning to see if we could catch Santa there before he heads back to the North Pole to rest up for tomorrow night. There was a bit of a line, but they entertained themselves with the scenery and the TV, playing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. 
  
But when it came time to sit on Santa's lap, Lela wanted NOTHING to do with it! Resli was great, smiling and sweet and convincing Santa that she's just as angelic as can be.
    
I blame myself for Lela's reluctance. Before we left the house I made them both use the bathroom because I said Santa didn't want anyone peeing on his lap. They happily complied, but then when it was time to climb up with Santa, Lela decided she was scared of peeing on him! (She hasn't gone to the bathroom since, so it wasn't out of urgency that she felt that fear, it was just because I put the image in her head.)

1 comment:

Gillian Lord Ward said...

PS - Santa looks a little worried, doesn't he? I wonder what that should tell us....