19 December 2010

Lela's holiday concert

Friday was the last day of school for both Resli and Lela. At Resli's school the 4th and 5th graders had a sing-along and a play, which I was able to see part of with Resli. Then I had to rush downtown to see Lela's class in their holiday concert.
Lela is quite the earnest singer when it comes to performing.


Even if there was a little time for giggling and showboating.

They sang Away in a Manger

(trust me, that's what they're singing!)
and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.


(A note from the camerawoman: who knew the zoom feature was so annoying? And I had a 2-year-old on my lap who decided, mid-song, that she wanted to go back to her parents!)

Afterwards Lela wanted to learn a bit about how the camera works.


Then we had some snack and rumor has it, after the parents went back to work, Santa made a visit! Rumor also has it that Lela was too scared to talk to him. I seem to remember a picture of myself (with Meliss) sitting on Santa's lap crying, so I guess it runs in the family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such poise! Such stage presence! And far and away the cutest one up there, not to mention best dressed.