22 April 2012

Hiiii-YA!

Resli is getting more and more into her tae kwon do. I don't necessarily see any improved discipline or self control at home, but she is doing a great job in class, paying attention, learning her moves, and enjoying herself. 
This is her starting pose. You can see on her belt that she's earned a bunch of stripes, some for knowing the poses and kicks and blocks, others for trying hard or bringing in her perfect report card. (I really like that about the martial arts school, that they talk about and value the whole child and every aspect of their lives.)

I think this is a low block, but you'd have to double check with her to be sure. 

Not sure what this is, but I sure wouldn't want to encounter it in a dark alley late at night!

2 comments:

Jen said...

so glad she is enjoying it!

Amy S said...

YES! Now I know who to bring with me when I walk the mean streets of Daytona Beach late at night.