30 October 2010

Creativity trumps energy

Sometimes I just don't have the energy to cook a 'real' dinner for the girls, especially if I'm not hungry or if Harvey and I are eating later. On those occasions, I end up doing something really boring for them to eat, and I often feel a bit guilty about it. No Mom Of The Year Awards around here...
Sometimes, to distract them from how b-o-r-i-n-g their dinner is, I get a little creative:
Lela's plain old peanut butter and jelly sandwich is cut in the shape of an L.

And Resli's WAS in the shape of a R, but she was apparently so hungry that I didn't get there in time. Now it just looks like a P, which se pointed out is ok too, since princess starts with P!

Pretty soon they'll be old enough to realize that my creativity is just a cover for my laziness, but for now I'm all for a little ruse every now and then.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

hlward said...

But, see, they LIKE pb&j, and they actually eat it. As opposed to things that take an hour or more to prepare and result in us begging them to "just take one bite."

Amy Lynn said...

have you tried PB&J sushi??? The girls love it and usually eat lots more.

Melissa said...

OK, I've got to know what PB&J sushi is please...

It never occurred to me that I have to not only make excuses for not making "real" dinner but also find ways of dressing up the not real dinner. Wow, this Mom thing is tough!