31 May 2010

While our parents are away, WE SHALL PLAY!

As you may have heard already if you've read the other posts (see below!), Mami and Daddy went away for the weekend this weekend. They left Resli and me with Grandma and Granddaddy for the weekend and boy did we have a blast!
I had a special ceremony at school for my "Moving Up" ceremony at the end of the year. (The thing is, since I won't be 3 by the beginning of the school year, I'm not technically allowed to move up yet, so perhaps this was like my dress rehearsal...
Grandma and Granddaddy came to see me and hear me sing and they sat in the front row, which I loved!
After that we all got our "diplomas" - I was first!
You can see in this close-up that I got recognized for being the best story teller. Resli has helped me hone that skill, you can be sure!
Then, after that excitement, Resli and I spent the next three days at Grandma and Granddaddy's house. We did all kinds of neat stuff, like having a popcorn party, 
and going on all kinds of outings and adventures to museums, playgrounds and farms.
When Mami and Daddy came to pick us up we had decorated the house with drawings and pictures and had a little welcome home party for them. Sure, we're excited to see them and all, but this evening when Mami was putting me to bed and she kept telling me how much she missed me, all I kept tell her was how much I miss Grandma!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What lucky girls to have such a wonderful Grandma and Granddaddy!