04 November 2011

Girl Scout investiture

Resli's new Girl Scout Daisy Troop, and their sister Brownie Troop, celebrated their investiture this week. Because it was Resli's second year as a Daisy, her part was really a "Rededication." 
She got a special star pin to indicate an additional year. All those girls on the right are her new troop-mates.

Yea, she was happy about it and eager to show off that pin.

Since she participated in so much stuff last year, she got all these great patches: parade, camping, dance party, cookie sales, service projects, library visit, food drive, theater, etc. 
(I spent quite a long time ironing those puppies on the night before, only to discover a few hours later that many weren't intended to be ironed on, but SEWN. . . Heck, I don't sew! I'll have to figure that out before the next meeting. . .)
One of the service projects the girls have worked on this year is making this quilt to honor veterans. They each made a square, helped sew and tie and put it together, and they're donating it to someone at the VA Hospital.
Resli was really proud of it. I love that she gets so much satisfaction out of helping others. 
I never did girl scouts - it was always Monday evenings, and I always had orchestra rehearsals Mondays - but the more I experience the more I like the organization.

No comments: