This is how mornings usually go around here:
1. Kennedy, after waking up to change diapers and get dressed, generally falls back to sleep while we're preparing breakfast.
2. Her sisters, though, seem to be truly offended by anyone sleeping if they're not, so they do their best to wake her up. This usually entails speaking in voices seven octaves higher than normal, getting up in her face, shaking toys at her, or kissing her repeatedly.
3. Invariably, it wakes her up. And they are pleased with themselves.
4. Kennedy, on the other hand, is less sure about it.
5. However, she's a good sport. She rallies, and tries to enjoy some time with her sisters. After all, they have a lot they can teach her, and they do have good hearts, even if they're incredibly loud.
7. But she's young still, she can only last so long. . .
And the girls have to go to school eventually, so this second nap sometimes lasts a little longer.
You'd be surprised how often this scenario replays itself... It's like being stuck in Groundhog Day sometimes!