06 June 2012

Dance recital

Lela has been taking ballet classes at school this year, and anxiously and eagerly prepared for her end-of-year dance recital, which was last week. At one point months ago I had apparently promised her she could wear makeup for the recital (I can't even remember how that came up!), and she remembered. So don't worry, I'm not going all Toddlers and Tiaras on you, but I did let her use a little eye shadow and lip gloss. She was thrilled. 
When she and her classmates came out on stage, Harvey didn't even recognize her because she looked so grown up!

After the recital, which Blogger is for some reason not letting me upload right now (but please check back!)


 everyone got their certificate of completion from the teacher.

And then we hammed it up a little.





2 comments:

Adam said...

Beautiful! And so grown up. Congrats, Lela. Can't wait to see the video.

Amy S said...

What a BEAUTIFUL ballerina! I hope we get a performance in August.