09 March 2012

Resli Ward, star student

Resli's teacher does a wonderful thing each week called "Star Student." A student is chosen at random to be the star and all week long there are special activities. This week, after months of waiting and hoping, Resli was chosen!
One of the first things they do is make a poster all about themselves to bring in on Monday and hang up in the classroom. This is Resli's. I helped with the glitter glue and the scissors (two things we do NOT want Resli in possession of!), but she did the rest:
Then on Tuesday they get to share up to three special things with the class. Resli chose to share...
Lela and Kennedy! So we all took a walk down to school and the class got to ask Resli lots of questions about her sisters. 
On Wednesday and Thursday the class asked Resli questions about herself and used that information to write about her. Not sure of the details, but I know Resli made an acrostic poem of her name yesterday, so perhaps that was part of it too. 
On Friday Resli gets to choose the next star student. 
She has thoroughly enjoyed being the star of her class (because, you know, she never gets any attention otherwise!), and I am impressed with her teacher and her whole class!

1 comment:

M. F. said...

I LOVE this whole story! And I am so proud of Resli! I wish I could briefly go back to elementary school. It was so much fun!