11 July 2010

Earning their keep

Harvey decided it was time for Resli and Lela to pay their way a little more around here, so he sent them out to wash the cars over the weekend. Lela was a little put out about having to work for her food.

But Resli got into it with great joy and enthusiasm.

The problem is that they only got the lower half of the cars clean, so Harvey had to step in and help out anyway. But now they look great! Resli thought it was so much fun she wants to do it every weekend. Harvey isn't so sure...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Gillian Lord Ward said...

(Harvey here) For the record, they were both PSYCHED about this and worked really hard for as long as it took us (me) to wash both cars. Resli thinks we should do this every Saturday. I do not.

Amy S said...

Granted, y'all might have more parenting skills than my father, but the reason I always volunteered to wash the car as a kid was that I'd get to CLIMB ON THE ROOF OF THE VAN.

If that's not incentive, I don't know what is...

Anonymous said...

It's the lower half of the car that gets real dirty. Good work,crew! GRANDADICK

hlward said...

Amy, I've thought about tying them to the roof rack of the minivan many times.

Melissa said...

They can come up here and practice their skill ANY time.